『Monster Hunter: World and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are teaming up!
AvailabilityDecember 3, 2020, 4 p.m. — December 2, 2021, 3:59 p.m. (PST)
December 4, 2020, 0:00 — December 2, 2021, 23:59 (UTC)
PlayStation®4：Approximately 1.72 GB
Xbox One: Approximately 1.28 GB
Downloading this update will also apply all previous updates for players who are updating the game for the first time. (PS4: About 5.8 GB of free space required; Xbox One: About 8.44 GB of free space required.)
Special Assignment — Contract: Trouble in the Ancient Forest
You'll need the help of the researchers and Geralt's witcher skills to solve this mystery. Venture into the Ancient Forest, and make use of the weapons and items the researchers have prepared for Geralt!
The ending of the quest will depend on your progression through the side objectives! You can take on this quest as many times as you like, but try to solve all of the mysteries in one go!
- By talking to the Smithy Apprentice, you'll be able to change the Witcher's Silver Sword (sword & shield) to any other weapon type.
- Special assignment "Contract: Trouble in the Ancient Forest" is a single player only quest where you get to play as Geralt of Rivia.
Leshen, a monster from another world, arrives in the New World!
Dwelling deep inside the forest, these creatures use their innate magic to control all flora and fauna within their territory.
Complete the special assignment "Contract: Trouble in the Ancient Forest" to earn special rewards and equipment!
Complete the special assignment to earn a special item and gesture, a new guild card background, as well as poses and titles. You can also earn materials to craft the "Geralt α" full armor set and the "Witcher's Silver Sword" sword & shield! Furthermore, completing special objectives will earn you a critical bounty that allows you to get the materials needed to craft the "Cursed Staff α" weapon, and the "Nekker α" full armor set for your Palico when completed!
If you manage to solve all of the mysteries in one go, you'll receive the "Wild Hunt" title!
The Witcher® is a trademark of CD PROJEKT S.A. The Witcher game © CD PROJEKT S.A. All rights reserved.
The Witcher game is based on the prose of Andrzej Sapkowski. All other copyrights and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Major Additions and Changes
- Regarding Guild Cards
Certain poses and expressions cannot be selected when using a full armor set or layered armor related to the Horizon Zero Dawn* or The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt collaborations.
If you have these poses or expressions already selected, please note that they will revert back to the default "Crossed Arms" pose and "Expression 1" expression.
Note: Expressions 6, 7, and 20 cannot be used in combination with the Aloy alpha full armor set, Aloy gamma full armor set, or the Aloy layered armor. There are currently no poses that cannot be used related to the Horizon Zero Dawn collaboration. If you have the Aloy alpha full armor set, etc., equipped, please check to see if your guild card settings have been affected.*
- New words have been added to the banned word list for Simplified Chinese. A feature has been added to allow a player or Palico's name to be edited if it contains any word from the banned word list prior to update Ver. 6.00 (PS4) / Ver. 126.96.36.199 (Xbox One).
If a squad name contains a newly added banned word, the name will be replaced by asterisks, as squad names cannot be changed.
Player-related Bug Fixes
- A bug has been fixed where a mantle's effect duration would count down if the player had it equipped while in an idle state, or equipped with one of the following weapons drawn: Switch Axe (Sword Mode), Charge Blade (Axe Mode), Light Bowgun, or Heavy Bowgun.
- PS4 Users:
A bug has been fixed that allowed players to use an item unintentionally. When a weapon is drawn, players can either press Square two times to sheathe their weapon and consume an item, or hold down Square once to do both actions consecutively. However, if the Dash Settings are changed to allow running by using both the L3 and R1 buttons, players could use an item unintentionally if they held down the L3 button while tapping the Square button. This has been fixed so that tapping the Square button will not consume an item if the player is holding down a dash button.
Note: This issue does not occur if Dash Settings are set to allow running using only the R1 button. If your Dash Settings are set to L3, this bug occurred when holding down the R1 button and tapping the Square button, but has also been fixed.
- Xbox One Users:
A bug has been fixed that allowed players to use an item unintentionally. When a weapon is drawn, players can either press the X button two times to sheathe their weapon and consume an item, or hold down the X button once to do both actions consecutively. However, if the Dash Settings are changed to allow running by using both the LS and RB buttons, players could use an item unintentionally if they held down the LS button while tapping the X button. This has been fixed so that tapping the X button will not consume an item if the player is holding down a dash button.
Note: This issue does not occur if Dash Settings are set to allow running using only the RB button. If your Dash Settings are set to LS, this bug occurred when holding down the RB button and tapping the X button, but has also been fixed.
- A bug has been fixed that caused the Speed Crawler effect to stop working properly after update Ver. 5.21 (PS4) / 188.8.131.52 (Xbox One). It is now working as intended.
Dual Blades/Hammer/Hunting Horn/Insect Glaive/Light Bowgun/Heavy Bowgun
- A bug has been fixed where a neutral attack would be performed when the player executed an attack with the left stick and the attack button while the player character was in the middle of a turning animation.
However, when the player character performs a Charged Upswing or Charged Brutal Upswing when turning while charging power, the design of the attack adds movement to the player motion when the game determines that they are holding the left stick forward. In this situation, players can perform a neutral Charged Upswing if they input the attack fast enough, and is not considered a bug.
- A bug has been fixed where the damage bonus from the Assassin's Hood specialized tool only applied to the first attack of the Switch Axe's Left Rising Slash in Sword mode instead of all 3 attacks.
- A bug has been fixed where the visual and sound effect of the Condensed Element Slash would play during a Rising Slash when the player releases the Triangle button (Y button on Xbox One) just before Condensed Element Slash finishes charging.
- A bug has been fixed where the Quick Sheath skill would not activate when sheathing the weapon while the Kinsect is flying.
Light Bowgun/Heavy Bowgun
- A bug has been fixed where ammo listed with a Fast or Normal reload speed would not automatically reload when aiming the Light Bowgun or Heavy Bowgun and pressing Triangle (Y button on Xbox One) just after aiming the weapon. It has been fixed so that it automatically reloads like ammo with a Slow or Very Slow reload speed.
- An update in Ver. 5.20 (PS4) / Ver. 184.108.40.206 (Xbox One) accidentally changed the effective sound range of some slinger ammo, making it difficult to lure monsters. It has been changed back to the values from before Ver. 5.10 (PS4) / Ver. 220.127.116.11 (Xbox One).
Slinger ammo that had smaller ranges
- Flash Pod
- Screamer Pod
Slinger ammo that had larger ranges
- A bug has been fixed where a monster would be lured to a player's position instead of the location where a slinger was fired during multiplayer quests.
- A bug has been fixed on the Arch-tempered Kulve Taroth Kjárr weapons with the Critical Status skill, where the abnormal status values weren't corrected properly when a critical hit landed.
- A bug has been fixed on the Arch-tempered Kulve Taroth Kjárr weapons with the Critical Element skill, where the elemental attacks were corrected using both elemental damage values and abnormal status values when a critical hit landed.
- A bug has been fixed that allowed those playing the Arch-tempered Kulve Taroth siege to receive siege rewards without breaking its horns, if they were online for over 8 hours and playing the siege at the 8-hour mark.
- A bug was fixed that caused the Kulve Taroth appraisal weapons to be sorted in a strange manner when sorting equipment via Weapon Tree. This issue affected Long Sword, Sword & Shield, Dual Blades, Hammer, Hunting Horn, Lance, Gunlance, Switch Axe, Charge Blade and Bow.
- A bug has been fixed that would not let players skip the opening cutscene during the Fury of El Dorado quest because the data containing if players skipped the cutscene wasn't correctly delivered and process if it arrived before the cutscene started playing on someone's machine.
- A bug has been fixed where the position of the item used to command Palicoes was changed in the item window and saved, but would be different once you went back to the game from the title screen.
- A bug has been fixed where the player would be discovered by Gastodon when hitting them with slinger ammo or shooting near them, even if the player is wearing the Ghillie Mantle or hiding in the bushes. Please note that even though this bug has been fixed, by design the player will be discovered again if the player is discovered and then hides using the Ghillie Mantle or in the bushes and fires at the Gastodon.
- This update also includes other minor bug fixes.
Localization-related Bug Fixes
- In all languages except for Asian languages, the Assassin's Hood specialized tool had two description text variations, but one of them failed to mention that damage to the monster would be increased.
Previous description text:
Increases movement speed and allows you to hide quicker. Lasts until you deal damage to a monster caught unaware.
New description text:
Increases movement speed and allows you to hide quicker. Deals big damage to a monster caught unaware, then the effect ends.
- In Polish, the translation for the new Kjárr Hammer "Gyre" weapon differed from existing naming conventions, so it has been fixed.
Previous name: Młot kjárra: Wir
New name:Młot kjárra „Uragaan”
Please note that this weapon has not disappeared, merely renamed.
Traditional and Simplified Chinese
- A mistranslation of "roar" has been fixed in Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
Previous translation: 咆嘯
New translation: 咆哮
Note: Both languages use the same translation.
- A mistranslation of "一括" in both Traditional and Simplified Chinese has been fixed. The previous translation was used in the quest result, item swap and character edit screen and was translated as "one time" instead of "group".
Previous translation: 一次
New translation: 全部
Note: Both languages use the same translation.
- Duplicate guild card titles were found in Traditional Chinese, so a number of translations have been updated.
Japanese -> Previous translation (if applicable)-> New translation
「人」 → 「人」 → 「中人」
「マン」 → 「人」
「ミー」 → 「我」 → 「自我」
「わたし」 → 「我」
「テオ」 → 「炎」 → 「炎王」
「炎」 → 「炎」
If you were using the 「人」「我」「炎」 guild card titles, they may have been changed without notice. Please double check your guild card info to see if you were affected.
- Several Charge Blade attack names and status translations were fixed to be consistent with each other.
Previous Translation: 高出力屬性解放斬
New Translation: 高輸出屬性解放斬
Previous Translation: 超高出力屬性解放斬
New Translation: 超高輸出屬性解放斬
Previous Translation: 高出力狀態
New Translation: 高輸出狀態
- The translation for 集會區域櫃檯小姐 has been changed to 集會區域接待員 in all applicable areas of the game.
- The translation for "add-on content" has been changed.stent with each other.